In today’s polluted environment and super busy lives that we lead, skin and hair care is a major problem that we face. Somehow we just rely on the synthetic parlour treatments and have entirely forgotten or are unaware about the home remedies and even if we know, we are too lazy or reluctant to follow those, isn’t it? I can’t really help the latter as God also helps only those who help themselves but for the former ones I have some good tips to share which I too learnt from the Rewardme site. The entire credit for these home remedies (Dadi & Nani ke Nuskhe) goes to the one who wrote it.Thanks to whoever wrote it. I am just sharing it with my readers.
Yogurt and Hair care
Many factors contribute to hair loss, premature greying, dandruff and dry scalp. Yogurt has all the ingredients to help your hair recover and look good. Bacteria and lactic acid help soothe irritated scalps and balance pH levels. Protein, vitamins and naturally occurring fats help tame frizzy hair. Vitamins naturally present in yogurt work better when mixed with henna to prevent greying.
Yogurt hair packs –
- One cup of sour yogurt is all it takes to keep dandruff away. Apply and leave on for 45 minutes and rinse. Use once a week for great results.
- To tame frizzy hair, mix 3 tbsp. of yogurt, 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and 4 tsp. of aloe vera gel till smooth. Apply and leave on for 30 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water and use a mild shampoo to get the oil out.
- Mix ½ a cup of yogurt, 2 whole eggs and 2 tsp. of almond oil well. Apply to scalp and hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Use a mild shampoo to remove oil. See how quickly hair goes from dull and dry to shiny and healthy.
- Soak a tsp. of methi seeds overnight. Make a paste and mix with ½ cup of yogurt. Apply to scalp 2 or more times a week. Leave for 45 minutes and shampoo. This will help to reduce hair fall.
- 2-3 teaspoons of powdered moong dal and ½ a cup of yogurt as a mask also help to reduce dandruff and hair fall. Leave in for an hour and wash.
- 2 whole eggs, 1 cup yogurt and lime juice blended together make a good general hair mask. Apply and leave in for 2-3 hours and use a mild shampoo to wash.
- 4 tbsp. of henna, 2 whole eggs, a few shredded hibiscus leaves and 1 cup of yogurt work wonders in getting rid of the grey. Mix ingredients well and leave on for 2 – 3 hours and shampoo.
Yogurt and Skin care
The AHA moment: We have all heard of Alpha Hydroxy Acids which are good for our skin. Yogurt is a natural source which makes it perfect for skin care. As a topical treatment, it moisturizes, gets rid of acne, relieves sunburn, evens out skin tones and moisturises too.
Yogurt face packs –
- To moisturise your skin, apply 2 tbsp. of yogurt on damp skin and leave on for 10 minutes. Wash off and pat dry. Do as often as possible for best results.
- Use dried and powdered orange peels, 1 tsp. honey, 2 tsp. of masoor dal and yogurt for a bright and fresh complexion. Put all the ingredients in a blender, apply the paste and leave on for 15 minutes. This pack is a great cleanser and helps to prevent acne breakouts.
- Besan (chickpea flour), yogurt and turmeric were used on babies to keep their skin soft and moist. The same pack can be used by everyone either on the face or the whole body. This helps with exfoliating and hydrating. Turmeric is known for its antiseptic properties.
- Add a few drops of chamomile essential oil to 3 tbsp. of yogurt and apply gently over sunburned skin. Leave it on for 10 -15 minutes and rinse. Zinc in yogurt helps to take the sting out of sunburns and speeds up healing.
- Lactic acid in yogurt not only helps with acne but also acts as a mild bleaching agent. Apply a layer of 4 tbsp. yogurt and 1 tsp. of lemon juice mixed together. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse. Do this thrice a week and see age spots fade.
1 tbsp. of olive oil and 4 tbsp. of yogurt mixed together can reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Do this at least 3 times a week for best results.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 4 tbsp. of yogurt mixed together can reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Do this at least 3 times a week for best results.
The first and the third of the hair packs and the third of the skin care packs are the ones that my mum and her mum have time and again suggested and i have even followed their advice, sometimes although. And, yes, you see good results.
For more such amazing articles, check out the link.